Regulation of protein stability and function by the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) influences diverse aspects of eukaryotic biology. The ubiquitylation cascade involves three enzymes—E1, E2, and E3—that work successively to attach ubiquitin to substrate proteins, which results in altered protein function or proteasomal degradation. Substrate specificity is conferred by E3 ubiquitin ligases, of which the SCF family of cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases (CRLs) is among the most intensively studied.
CAND1 interacts with Cullin–RING core complexes at both the N terminus, where it competes with the substrate adaptor for binding, and at the C terminus, where it masks the neddylation site. Thus, CAND1 interaction with the cullin is mutually exclusive with substrate adaptor binding and neddylation. On the basis of this observation, CAND1 has initially been suggested to sequester Cullin–RING core complexes and act as an inhibitor of ligase assembly and activation. However, CAND1 loss-of-function mutations in Caenorhabditis elegans and Arabidopsis thaliana demonstrate that it is instead required for the activity of CRL ligases.
Here I want to cover ALL the literature that discussed how Cand1 regulate Cullin-RING. What is the dynamics that govern this mechanism (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867413002134?via%3Dihub). What happens in the cell if it has Cand1 deleted (https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms2628).
I have attached 7 papers the MUST be covered in your writings in addition to other references you are going to use.
1. Please only make your focus on everything related to cand1. We are not going to cover how the ubiquitination process happens here. Just focus on Cand1 regulation.
2. Do not repeat your ideas over and over again,
3. Do not overstretch on one idea
4. Cover the topic from different aspects of regulation (dynamics, Cand1 activation/inhibition)
5. Plagiarism should be 0%. This means also that you should NOT copy and rephrase the sentence.
6. Do not deviate to any other un-related story or talk too much about things like CSN or Nedd8 of roles of ubiquitination, etc
7. Each paragraph should be smoothly linked to the paragraph coming after.