Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a family therapy session. Note: The two clients you select must have attended the same family session. Do not select the same family you selected for Week 2.
Then, address in your Practicum Journal the following:
• Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning Resources, document the family session.
• Describe each client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
• Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for each client.
• Explain whether solution-focused or cognitive behavioral therapy would be more effective with this family. Include expected outcomes based on these therapeutic approaches.
• Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
• Support your approach with evidence-based literature.