The purpose of the paper should emphasize on the services offered to service members and the effectiveness of these services as the service members transition into the civilian world.
Using the root-cause summary table in the Watkins et al. text (A Guide to Assessing Needs: Essential Tools for Collecting Information, Making Decisions, and Achieving Development Results, Section 3B, pp. 210–211) develop a root-cause analysis for the issue. Be careful not to mistake symptoms of the performance gap for root causes.
1. Include a cause map that clearly identifies cause and effect. Include the map in this section.
2. In the narrative address the following:
• Explain the organizational problem under study.
• Describe preparatory work to be completed before creating a cause map.
• Describe the overall impact of a cause map on a specific project and its connection with systems thinking/theory.
• Include the series of why questions that have led you through the causal factors.
• Include a systems perspective in your analysis.